Triathlete Lucy Charles’ running tips: strength training| Red Bull Fit 4 Purpose
► For more running tips from Lucy head to http://win.gs/LucyCharlesRunning.
We asked elite triathlete Lucy Charles for her essential running training tips. In this she focusses on the best exercises you can do in the gym to strengthen your body and improve your performances.
– Gym membership is not required – bodyweight squats and lunges, and even walking up stairs, are all going to help with your running
– Key things to focus on are: core strength, stability, leg strength and plyometrics (aka explosive movement)
– Work on your explosive power with box jumps
– Core strength is the backbone of running, so get your planks, side planks and flutter kicks in
– Incorporate squats and lunges into your training to improve your leg strength
– Don’t neglect your glutes, as they’re the key to stability
Check back every day for more videos from Lucy to improve your swimming, running, cycling and mental approach to sport and fitness.
Experience the world of Red Bull like you have never seen it before. With the best action sports clips on the web and original series, prepare for your « stoke factor » to be at an all time high.
Watch Red Bull TV: http://win.gs/WatchRBTV
See into our world: http://goo.gl/J49U
Red Bull on Facebook: http://win.gs/redbullfb
Red Bull on Twitter: http://win.gs/redbulltwitter
Subscribe to Red Bull on Youtube: http://win.gs/SubToRedBull
Subscribe to the Red Bulletin: http://win.gs/TheRedBulletin
Sign up for our Newsletter here: http://win.gs/RedBullNewsletter