Triathlete Lucy Charles’ running tips: improve your performance | Red Bull Fit 4 Purpose
► For more running tips from Lucy head to http://win.gs/LucyCharlesRunning.
We asked elite triathlete Lucy Charles for her essential running training tips. In this one she focusses on how to maximise your performance.
– Work up your training gradually and you’ll begin to notice the gains
– Adding in extra workouts can give you a performance boost
– Doing at least one long run a week helps build endurance
– Easily bored? Running with music can motivate you
– Struggle with breathing? Forget the music and focus on your breath
– If you’re running for more than an hour, carry water with you, ideally in something like a Camelbak
– Incorporate a tempo run – running at near-race pace – into your training. Doing this at a Parkrun can help get the competitive juices flowing
Check back every day for more videos from Lucy to improve your swimming, running, cycling and mental approach to sport and fitness.
Experience the world of Red Bull like you have never seen it before. With the best action sports clips on the web and original series, prepare for your « stoke factor » to be at an all time high.
Watch Red Bull TV: http://win.gs/WatchRBTV
See into our world: http://goo.gl/J49U
Red Bull on Facebook: http://win.gs/redbullfb
Red Bull on Twitter: http://win.gs/redbulltwitter
Subscribe to Red Bull on Youtube: http://win.gs/SubToRedBull
Subscribe to the Red Bulletin: http://win.gs/TheRedBulletin
Sign up for our Newsletter here: http://win.gs/RedBullNewsletter