Triathlete Lucy Charles’ mental preparation tips: Nutirition | Red Bull Fit 4 Purpose
► For more running tips from Lucy head to http://win.gs/LucyCharlesRunning.
We asked elite triathlete Lucy Charles for her essential mental preparation tips. In this one she focusses on what you can eat and drink to improve your mental performance.
– Forward plan your meals for the week, so that you’re not thinking about what you’re going to have to cook after a training session
– If you’re training heavily, ensure that you’re never in calorie deficit
– Get a good balance of carbs, proteins and fats – that’s good fats, mind, from things like nuts and avocados
– Fats give slow energy release; carbohydrates provide an instant energy hit; protein helps repair muscle and is great post-session
– Eating well can lift your performance to the next level
Check back every day for more videos from Lucy to improve your swimming, running, cycling and mental approach to sport and fitness.
Experience the world of Red Bull like you have never seen it before. With the best action sports clips on the web and original series, prepare for your « stoke factor » to be at an all time high.
Get the FREE Red Bull TV apps for all your devices: http://win.gs/GetTheApps
Watch Red Bull TV: http://win.gs/WatchRBTV
See into our world: http://goo.gl/J49U
Subscribe to Red Bull on Youtube: http://win.gs/SubToRedBull
Red Bull on Facebook: http://win.gs/redbullfb
Red Bull on Instagram: http://win.gs/RedBullInstagram
Red Bull on Twitter: http://win.gs/redbulltwitter
Subscribe to the Red Bulletin: http://win.gs/TheRedBulletin
Sign up for our Newsletter here: http://win.gs/RedBullNewsletter